Frank Russell has been a trial attorney since 1981. He began his legal career as a Suffolk County Assistant District Attorney. As a prosecutor, he quickly rose through the ranks and was soon prosecuting, at trial, violent felony offenders. Mr. Russell was then recruited and hired by the Suffolk County Police Department to defend Suffolk County police officers in Federal Court. Mr. Russell had an extraordinary trial record prosecuting criminals and later defending Suffolk County police officers.
In 1985, Frank Russell started his own private law practice, focusing on trial work, including plaintiffs’ personal injury, car accident, and medical malpractice cases. In 1994, Frank merged his firm with Lite & Lite, to form the law firm of Lite and Russell. Mr. Russell has continued as trial counsel and has recovered over $200 million for personal injury clients.
Frank S. Russell was raised in Bay Shore and attended St. John the Baptist High School on an advanced track. He graduated from St. John University with a Bachelor of Arts in Government and Politics before attending St. John University School of Law, where he obtained a Juris Doctor degree. He resides in West Islip with his wife of over 30 years, Gina, where they raised two daughters. In between helping his local community, Frank enjoys spending time outside and rooting on his beloved Yankees.
Special Achievements, Honors, and Awards:
- Task Force for Efficiency in Supreme Court Litigation as appointed by the District Administrative Judge
- Honored by St. John the Baptist Diocesan High School as their “Man of the Year” Men of Vision Gala
- Chairman of the Board of Advisors, St. John the Baptist Diocesan High School
- Mock Trial Attorney Advisor, St. John the Baptist Mock Trial Team
- Chairman of the Board at St. Peters by the Sea Day School
- St. John’s University Student Government President
- Suffolk County Legislature, intern to the Deputy Presiding Officer
- Coached girls’ soccer, basketball, and softball, at West Islip Youth Leagues